Sunday, October 13, 2013

DIY Tablet Stand

I saw this idea on Pinterest and thought it was such a neat way to repurpose a cutting board. The blog I looked at was Mamie Jane's. Her tablet holder is way cuter than Pottery Barn's...in my opinion. She is very clever and used a Scrabble letter holder as the slot to hold a tablet...my iPad mini fits perfectly. To keep her tablet stand upright, she used a kid's building block...which looks like it works nicely. 

For my own tablet stand, I pretty much did everything as she did except the building block for the stand. I don't have children so I didn't have those awesomely perfect blocks to use. When trying to think about what to use as my stand, I decided I wanted to be able to fold up the stand and put it away if I wanted to. I was looking around our house when my mom suggested I use a wooden spatula. I had to cut the spatula to get the right height for propping the holder up. After that, I bought a small hinge so I could fold down the spatula stand. The screws were too long for the cutting board and the spatula so I used E6000 clear adhesive.  I spray painted the front of the cutting board and the letter holder. Also used the E6000 to glue the letter holder to the cutting board. I didn't want to spray paint the spatula so I just left the back of the board and the spatula how I found them.

Here's how mine turned out!

 The app on my iPad Mini is Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything. I have the book...so I had to get the app...when I saw it was free with the Apps Gone Free app one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment